Each year, three of the nine board positions are elected or re-elected by the members of NMBA. Ballots are issued to members prior to the June Gala and Annual Membership meeting, and results of elections are announced after the Gala.
Membership in NMBA runs annually from January 1 of each year for members who joined prior to 2012, and from the date of joining for members who registered from 2012 onwards. At the end of each 12 month period, you will be notified that your renewal is due.
You may mail your check in the amount of $65 to: NMBA, PO Box 1285, Santa Fe, NM 87504; or login and then click here to process your renewal online.
First year dues are $50. You will be asked to renew at the end of each 12 month period at the renewal rate of $65.
If you would like to join with a partner, the second person can join for their first year at $20. Both will then pay $65/year thereafter.
We also encourage students enrolled in fulltime educational programs to join at the rate of $25/year.
If you would like to know more about membership or would like to volunteer to help in our recruitment efforts, please call Stephanie Hiller at 505-660-6357.
New Mexico Book Association (NMBA) is the only statewide nonprofit serving all book professionals. Founded in 1994 as a 501(c)(6) organization, NMBA has been recognized as one of the country’s most active book associations.
• Annual Gala and Membership Meeting
• Holiday Fiesta Party
• Professional Development Workshops
• Libro: a bi-monthly newsletter
• FLASHnews timely emails for members and nonmembers
• Calendar of Events
• New Mexico’s Book World: a resource guide to all things book-related in New Mexico
• Showcase Catalogs featuring members’ books for sale at book tradeshows and fairs
Many of these are available only to members in printed form and online. To see the online publications, click here.
As a member you will receive:
• our information-filled Libro newsletter for New Mexico’s book people
• access to the member directory
• opportunities to participate in our many professional development workshops and programs
• representation at NM book fairs and festivals, as well as regional book trade shows
• exposure for your books in our yearly showcase catalogs
• a standing invitation to speak with others at our monthly forums where you can ask your questions, find contacts, and promote your works and book events
• a presence on our very active nmbook.org website, with access to our online edition of New Mexico’s Book World (our comprehensive resource guide and directory of people, businesses, and institutions)
• our frequent FLASHnews updates on important book events
• numerous networking opportunities with writers, publishers, and other book professionals
• invitations to our Annual Meeting & Gala, the Book in Hand Honors, and the Holiday Fiesta Party
NMBA serves the population of New Mexico and some out-state-members and affiliates.
Our physical office address is in Santa Fe at 1219 Luisa St # 1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Our mailing address is: PO Box 1285, Santa Fe, NM 87504. A map can be viewed here.
Our phone number is: 505-660-6357.
Our members include book creators, writers, editors, publishers, illustrators, librarians, booksellers, book designers, typesetters, printers, literacy advocates, agents, reviewers, and avid readers.
We are passionate book people who have come together through our common interests in the book in all its forms.